#961 – A ListBox Has Three Available Selection Modes
November 29, 2013 1 Comment
By default, a user can select one item at a time in a ListBox.
You can use the SelectionMode property of the ListBox to allow the user to select multiple items. By default, the SelectionMode property has a value of SelectionMode.Single, allowing the user to select a single item.
You can set SelectionMode to Extended, allowing a user to select multiple items, as follows:
- A mouse left-click selects a single new item, unselecting all previously selected items
- Control + left-click selects/unselects an additional item. Previously selected items remain selected.
- Shift + left-click selects all items between the most recently selected item and the one being clicked (inclusive). Previously selected items not in this range are unselected.
- Control + Shift + left-click selects all items within a range without unselecting previously selected items
Setting SelectionMode to Multiple allows selecting multiple items by left-clicking:
- Left-clicking an item selects or unselects the item