#933 – Cut/Copy/Paste Functionality in a TextBox
October 22, 2013 1 Comment
Cut, Copy and Paste functionality is automatically enabled for the text within a TextBox control.
You can select text in a TextBox by
- Left-clicking and dragging with the mouse
- Double-clicking to select a word
- Moving the arrow keys while holding down the Shift key
- Pressing Ctrl+A to select all text in the TextBox
With text selected, you can Cut or Copy selected text by
- Right-clicking and selecting Cut or Copy from the context menu
- Pressing Ctrl+X to Cut text (remove from TextBox and add to clipboard)
- Pressing Ctrl+C to Copy text (add to clipboard without removing)
You can Paste text from the clipboard into the TextBox at the current cursor location by
- Right-clicking and selecting Paste from the context menu
- Pressing Ctrl+V to Paste text
If you currently have text selected, doing a Paste operation will replace the selected text with text from the clipboard.