August 7, 2010 Leave a comment
The diagram belows shows the dependencies between the main WPF DLLs. (Click on the image to see it full-sized).
Here’s a quick overview of the DLLs listed in this diagram:
- System.Windows.Presentation.dll – Contains some types related to add-ins
- PresentationFramework.Aero.dll – Implements Aero theme for WPF controls
- PresentationFramework.Classic.dll – Implements Classic theme for WPF controls
- PresentationFramework.dll – Contains most of the main WPF controls, as well as support for data binding
- PresentationUI.dll – Contains some resources related to themes & some support classes for System.Windows.Documents
- ReachFramework.dll – Contains types related to printing and XPS documents
- System.Printing.dll – Contains main types related to printing
- PresentationCore.dll - Lower level types for visual rendering like UIElement. Also DragDrop support.
- System.Windows.Input.Manipulations.dll - Implementation of input manipulators
- UIAutomationProvider.dll - Support for UI Automation (for accessibility)
- WindowsBase.dll - Lower-level types like DependencyObject and DependencyProperty
- UIAutomationTypes.dll – Basic types related to UI Automation